Bathed in vast aquamarine, wrapped in fiery shrouds… A dance between two elements.
I want to talk to you about something. Today is Earth Overshoot Day – from this day until the end of the year, we’re draining the Earth more than it can take. Sitting around and feeling depressed all day isn’t fun for anyone, though. So what can we do today to make a small difference? 😊 Let’s see.
1. Going grocery shopping? When you’re almost finished, take out two items that are wrapped in plastic and choose an alternative that’s not plastic wrapped.
2. Set a timer and shower in under 3 minutes. You can do it!
3. Try looking online for a lovely vegetarian or vegan meal to cook tonight. Incidentally, I had noodles in peanutbutter and soy sauce with roasted broccoli yesterday and it was delicious. Boyfriend asked me what he should call this dish, since he wants me to cook it again. (DM me for the recipe). Need inspiration? My friend @veganfreek had some seriously yummy recipes.
4. Get a second trash can for plastic and put it next to the normal one. Make it easy for yourself to do the right thing.
5. Take some time to go through your closet. Pick an item of clothing you haven’t worn in at least a year. Then build a stylish outfit around it. Find joy in something you have, instead of something you must purchase first! 🙂
6. Put a reusable cup in your bag.
7. Don’t switch on the heat or the air conditioning. Look outside, dress for the weather and bring a plan B (since there’s no planet B).
5. Reward yourself for doing the right thing. Have an extra piece of chocolate tonight. You’re doing great!
Now about this video. Shot in Greece by Erik and Minki. The outfit, I must admit with some hesitation, was inspired by the red outfit Jasmine wears in Aladdin.
Music: ‘Hija’ by Andreas Ericson (Epidemic Sound).
Camera: Erik and Minki (thanks guys!).
Video-editing, makeup and costume: Stella.
Music in this video
Don’t Let Me Down (Hardwell & Sephyx Remix)
The Chainsmokers feat. Daya
Hardwell Presents Revealed, Vol. 7
SME (on behalf of Kontor Records); Imagem Music (publishing) US, UBEM, Kobalt Music Publishing, AMRA, CMRRA, UMPI, Sony ATV Publishing, SOLAR Music Rights Management, and 14 music rights societies
Just a video of me swimming around (new bikini though). We just got a GoPro 6 and decided to test out the slow-motion capabilities. I’m so impressed by this little thing – this was all filmed in 2.7k at 120fps.
I’m thinking of doing something for Earth Day, maybe a giveaway where you can win a tail when you cook a vegetarian meal. What do you guys think?
By the way, you’d do me a huge favour if you’d follow me on Instagram or Twitter: @stellathesiren. I also have a second account where I share more day-to-day stuff, @stellabruggen. A follow is very much appreciated 🙂
Music is “Nocturnal Waltz” by Johannes Bornlöf. It has a restlessness that I feel somehow resounds in me. Do you guys experience the same thing?
This was filmed at the Aqua Mundo pool in Zandvoort, the Netherlands. Thank you for reading the description 🙂
This is from a live perfomance in Aarhus, Denmark in June 2014. A work-in-progress. AquaSonic will be a full length concert-performance. AquaSonic is a Between Music production.
International producer and representation: FuturePerfect Production http://futureperfectproductions.org
Laila Skovmand – composer, artistic director, vocal
Robert Karlsson – general manager, musician
Nanna Bech – vocal
Thomas Eiler – percussion
Video: Duke Denver
Sound: Morten Laursen
Between Music is an artist group from Denmark run by Laila Skovmand and Robert Karlsson. The main project is AquaSonic. An underwater concert that takes the audience on a unique and fascinating voyage into uncharted territory. Equipped with custom-made underwater instruments four musicians and singers submerge themselves completely in water in each their man-sized water tank. From the watery depths Comes a new Kind of Music. Experience it here.
From work-in-progress lab June 2014 – www.aquasonic.dk and facebook.com/aquasonic.dk
AquaSonic is a Between Music production: Laila Skovmand – Artistic Director, Composer and performer – Robert Karlsson – General Manager, performer – International producer and representation: FuturePerfect Production, http://futureperfectproductions.org
Thomas Eiler – Performer
Nanna Bech – Performer
Music: Laila Skovmand
Sound: Morten Laursen
Light: Søren Faurholt